District 30 Health Services
School Health Care services help students adopt healthy habits that foster a physically and emotionally healthy school environment. The primary role of the school nurse is to support student learning. The school nurses accomplish this by implementing strategies that promote student and staff health and safety.
- Required by all children enrolling in kindergarten or upon first entry into an Illinois school and upon entering 6th grade.
- Required immunizations include diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, poliomyelitis, measles, rubella, mumps, meningitis, hepatitis B, and varicella.
- Certificate of Child Health Examination
- Illinois Certificate of Religious Exemption to Required Immunizations and/or Examinations Form
- Illinois Immunization and Compliance with State Law
- Required by all children enrolling in kindergarten and any student enrolling for the first time in a public, private, or parochial school
- Present proof before October 15 of the school year
- Eye Examination Report form
- Eye Examination Waiver form
- Required by all children in kindergarten, grade 2, and grade 6
- Present proof of examination by May 15 of the school year
- Proof of School Dental Examination form
- Dental Examination Waiver form
Hearing/Vision screenings are provided to all students in the following grade levels:
- Hearing screenings: Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1, 2, 3
- Vision screenings: Pre-K, 2, 8
ISBE District Immunization Reports
- Anaphylaxis Signs and Symptoms
- Allergy Information
- Food Allergy Information
- Flu Guide for Parents
- Erin’s Law