First Student provides transportation for students of Northbrook/Glenview School District 30. If you have questions or concerns regarding transportation service issues, please contact First Student directly.
First Student Contact Information
|Service Issues||(847) email@example.com|
COVID-19 Safety/Operational Procedures
The types of service and fees approved by the Board of Education for the 2020-21 school year are as follows:
|ROUND TRIP FULL PAY PLAN||$692||$50 Late Fee After 7/31/20|
|ROUND TRIP 2-PAY PLAN||$712||
1st Payment of $356 by 7/31/20, $50 Late Fee After 7/31/20
|ONE WAY FULL PAY PLAN||$555||
Due by 7/31/20*, $50 Late Fee After 7/31/20
|KINDERGARTEN SHUTTLE||$0||Registration Required|
To register for transportation, complete the First Student Transportation Registration form and submit along with payment to First Student, 2800 Old Willow Road, Northbrook, Illinois, 60062.
In the District’s continued partnership with First Student, families should be aware of the following procedures that students will be expected to follow when being transported to/from school at the start of the school year. It should be noted that these procedures will be updated regularly.
- All students must register to ride buses. This includes kindergarteners utilizing the shuttle between Wescott and Willowbrook Schools.
- Students should be aware and assured that drivers will wear appropriate PPE, perform regular hand hygiene, and undergo mandatory symptom checks.
- Students are required to wear facemasks and have undergone a mandatory system check prior to boarding of their morning bus.
- In an effort to minimize the time students are on the bus, routing will include efficiencies to minimize bus route times. For example, routes will not maneuver into cul-de-sacs, gated neighborhoods, and, when possible, include neighborhood stops instead of multiple house stops.
- Feasible social distancing guidelines will be followed. This includes a seating chart for individual students (adjusted if needed for siblings) and seating from the rear of the bus to the front.
- Cleaning procedures have been developed and implemented company wide by First Student to address COVID-19 concerns. First Student has a dedicated Operations Clerk to address your COVID-19 concerns; contact Jody Weintraub at firstname.lastname@example.org or (331) 444-1313.
Bus Tracking & Parent Communication App
First Student offers FirstView, a bus tracking App for smartphones or computers. Additionally, this App will provide communications regarding delays and/or important reminders. You may download the App on your smartphone by searching FirstView OR on your computer at http://firstviewapp.com. When setting up FirstView, you will be prompted to: 1) select your state (Illinois), 2) select your district (Northbrook/Glenview D30), and 3) enter your student’s ID number (available in the Parent Portal). For FirstView customer support, contact them at (888) 889-8920 or to email@example.com. The FirstView App will be operational the third week of September.
Daily Bus Routes and Stops
Actual bus routes and stops are created using the addresses of students that register for transportation by July 31. Families registering for transportation after this deadline will be assigned to an existing route. In mid-September, routes are re-examined and, if necessary, altered.