Character Counts! of District 30
In 2023, Character Counts! of District 30 celebrated 28 years of promoting the Six Pillars of Character.
Character Counts exists as a community-wide effort to foster civility, community engagement, and leadership in our children based on the Six Pillars of Character:
- Develops and communicates opportunities for students to demonstrate, deepen, and extend their understanding of the six pillars.
- Publicly recognizes and celebrates students who demonstrate the six pillars.
- Builds connections throughout the community to broaden awareness of and integrate a common language and understanding of the six pillars.
- The children within our communities.
- Bringing the Six Pillars of Character Counts alive for our students and community.
- Collaboration across our Villages, Schools, and Local Organizations.
We will succeed when:
- We integrate and connect the Six Pillars of Character Counts into our schools’ social-emotional learning efforts.
- We generate and leverage a common language and set of expectations for character.
- Related agencies (villages, schools, and local organizations) commit to the Six Pillars of Character Counts.
- We infuse the Six Pillars of CHARACTER COUNTS into the culture of our community.
- Adults in our community consistently model good character.
Character Counts! of Glenview is comprised of 24 caring committee members and a team of 16 trustworthy advisor members. In addition, the advisory and committee rosters are made up of responsible individuals from the community and dedicated representatives from local organizations and schools. Fifty-plus respectful business owners and cherity community partners also support the organization.