Student Teaching & Observation Hours
District 30 works with accredited colleges and universities in developing appropriate student observation and teaching opportunities.
All requests can be made to our District Office
By phone: 847-498-4190
By email: Theresa Blackburn, Administrative Assistant
By Postal Mail:
2374 Shermer Road
Northbrook, IL 60062
Student Teaching at District 30
Applications should be submitted as far in advance as possible of the requested student teaching dates.
- In order to be considered, candidates are required to submit the following:
- A written request for placement from your college or university’s student teacher coordinator or School of Education, noting the desired dates and specific subject area and/or grade level(s) for placement
- A resume
- A transcript reflecting all university coursework
- Any other supporting documentation that would be helpful in introducing yourself to the district
- The materials provided will be reviewed by building and district administrators. Interviews with candidates for student teaching/internship placements will be scheduled only after receipt of the above documentation.
Observation Hours at District 30
- Students interested in observation hours are required to send a letter to the district to be considered for observation hours. Once a letter has been received, the information will be shared with building and district administrators in order to make a placement.