Return To School: Fall 2021
This fall, District 30 is looking forward to welcoming all students to full, in-person, classes. It is our hope that this website is a resource for you, answering questions and providing tools to help guide your students back into the school year safely and easily. Please bookmark this site and check back often, as we will post any changes and updates to our policies.
On July 9, 2021, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released new CDC guidance for schools that the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) adopted. The Cook County Department of Public Health (CCDPH) released new Guidance for Suburban Cook County School Districts on July 23, 2021.
Planning Ahead To Return Strong
Northbrook / Glenview School District 30 is preparing for a smooth transition to five days of in-person instruction in the fall while following critical health and safety guidelines from the state.
What we currently know about the fall:
- Returning to schedules for five days a week of in-person instruction
- Rotating through classes will occur with set seating charts
- Resuming athletics & activities
- Using hallway lockers and sharing materials to resume.
- Providing instructional options for students while they are under quarantine, consistent with local and state health guidance
Additional planning includes:
- Working on Board Goal 2 that incorporates social-emotional support that responds to COVID-19 impacts, including establishing routines and services to assist students in their return to school as we leverage phased operations lessons and continue our focus on academic growth
- Hiring three additional Instructors to ensure 3’ between students within classrooms
- Installing bipolar ionization systems in every classroom univent and air handler across all District 30 buildings
Here are some helpful reminders to prepare for this school year!