Dear Members of the District 27, 28, 30, and 34 School Communities,
Our school districts have made a unified decision to take an Adaptive Pause. Each district has developed a schedule for the transition into a full-remote environment, which will remain in effect through Friday, January 15 (returning Tuesday, January 19, after the Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday). District 30’s will begin after school on Friday, November 20, and you will receive other district-specific information in a separate email.
The Cook County Department of Public Health recently stated that our schools should “strongly consider remote learning given the presence of sustained community transmission.”
We have considered a number of factors in following this recommendation:
- The comprehensive Northfield Township Elementary School District dashboard shows substantial community transmission of COVID-19 in every metric for Region 10 (suburban Cook County), Northfield Township, and Northfield Township plus Adjacent Zip Codes
- Staffing and substitute challenges due to isolations, quarantines, and other factors created by the increasing community spread of COVID-19
Holiday considerations, including:
- Expected travel under CCDPH travel guidelines
- The return of college students to our community
- Gatherings with others outside immediate family
We know that you have many questions specific to your schools and schedules. Again, staff and families will receive detailed information about your district’s plans in a separate email.
Dr. David Kroeze, Superintendent, Northbrook School District 27
Dr. Larry Hewitt, Superintendent, Northbrook School District 28
Dr. Brian Wegley, Superintendent, Northbrook/Glenview School District 30
Dr. Dane Delli, Superintendent, Glenview School District 34