District 30 Health Services
School Health Care services help students adopt healthy habits that foster a physically and emotionally healthy school environment. The primary role of the school nurse is to support student learning. The school nurses and health aides accomplish this by implementing strategies that promote student and staff health and safety. The nurse takes a leadership role in serving as the coordinator of all school health programs in the following manner:
- Healthy Environment - Identifies health and safety concerns in the school environment, conducts screenings and health histories.
- Nutritional Services - Supports healthy food services programs.
- Parent/Community Involvement - Promotes community involvement and communication in assuring a healthy school.
- Staff Wellness - Provides health education and counseling, promotes healthy activities and environment for school staff.
- Chart on Anaphylaxis Signs and Symptoms. Here is the link: https://www.foodallergy.org/file/common-symptoms-poster.pdf
ISBE District 30 Student Immunization Reports
Food Allergy Information
"Thank you" to Nurses: Maple School's Katie Weissler, Wescott School's Pamela Kriska and Willowbrook School's Lisa Mullen.
"The Story Behind the Sleeve" Emphasizes Healthful Behavior
Wescott School nurse Pamela Kriska shared the video "The Story Behind the Sleeve" with staff members. It's about the important act of coughing into one's sleeve instead of into the air and spreading germs.
Watch the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpPA73SZJYE