District 30 Health Services
School Health Care services help students adopt healthy habits that foster a physically and emotionally healthy school environment. The primary role of the school nurse is to support student learning. The school nurses and health aides accomplish this by implementing strategies that promote student and staff health and safety. The nurse takes a leadership role in serving as the coordinator of all school health programs in the following manner:
- Healthy Environment - Identifies health and safety concerns in the school environment, conducts screenings and health histories.
- Nutritional Services - Supports healthy food services programs.
- Parent/Community Involvement - Promotes community involvement and communication in assuring a healthy school.
- Staff Wellness - Provides health education and counseling, promotes healthy activities and environment for school staff.
- Chart on Anaphylaxis Signs and Symptoms. Here is the link: https://www.foodallergy.org/file/common-symptoms-poster.pdf
ISBE District 30 Student Immunization Reports
Food Allergy Information
2018-2019 Willowbrook School's Health Office Update on Exam Form Due Dates
To report a student illness/absence, call or email the health office by 8:30 am. Parens who would like homework for their student, should notify the health office by 8:30 a.m. at Willowbrook Health Office, attention to Lisa Mullen, RN, Phone: 847-400-8860. Her Email: email@example.com, Fax: 847-272-0893.
The following requirements have been communicated to all preK and Kindergarten parents: Those who have not turned in or completed these, should do so.
• Illinois Health Exam Form with complete record of required immunizations, health history, Diabetes and Lead screen - Due NOW!
• Illinois Health Exam Form with complete record of required immunizations, health history, lead and diabetes screen - Due now
• Illinois Vision Exam Form or Vision Exam Waiver - due 10/15/18
• Illinois Dental Exam Form or Dental Exam Waiver - due 5/15/19
"The Story Behind the Sleeve" Emphasizes Healthful Behavior
Wescott School nurse Pamela Kriska shared the video "The Story Behind the Sleeve" with staff members. It's about the important act of coughing into one's sleeve instead of into the air and spreading germs.
Watch the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpPA73SZJYE