Enrollment Process

New Student Enrollment Requirements for Northbrook/Glenview School District 30

To start the process of registering your child/children in District 30, please check the district boundary map to confirm your residence is located within the District 30 boundary. Once this has been established, please come to the district office, at 2374 Shermer Road in Northbrook, with the appropriate registration paperwork as outlined below. This paperwork should include your child’s original birth certificate or passport as well as the required proof of residency. Should you have any questions, please contact us at 847-498-4190.

Establishing Student Residency:

Parent(s) and/or guardians(s) must provide proof of residency at: kindergarten registration and when entering as a new student for any other grade.  The following information must be provided prior to the first day of the student's attendance.  The required documents are as follows:

  • An original certified or registered birth certificate, with raised seal, or passport for the student


CATEGORY 1 (ONE document required)

  • Most recent property tax bill and proof of payment, e.g. canceled check (homeowners)
  • Executed Agreement of Sale (contract on home) and proof of closing documents (warranty deed)
  • Original signed and dated lease and proof of last month's payment, e.g. canceled check or receipts (renters).  The District must have a valid lease on file at the District Office at all times.  When your lease expires, it is expected that you bring in a copy of your new or renewed lease.


CATEGORY II (TWO documents showing proper address required, you have 30 days to provide this, one MUST be a driver's license)

  • Driver's license (issued to current D30 address; you have 30 days to provide this)
  • Most recent cable television and/or credit card bill
  • Pay check stub
  • Current homeowners/rental insurance policy and premium payment receipt
  • Most recent gas, electric, and/or water bill

Merely sharing the documents listed in this process does not guarantee admission.  The District reserves the right to conduct investigations that may require a home visit or additional documents to verify residency.

Required forms to be completed for New Student Enrollment:

 Establishing Student Residency Form and Affidavit Form