In District 30, we are implementing a "virtual backpack". We are using this program to:
- Be Environmentally Friendly
- Lighten our student backpacks
- Increase effectiveness of flyer distribution
- Save money for organizations
- Save time for District personnel
The District already has policies and procedures in place that limit the materials that students are asked to bring home to their families. Rather than local organizations making copies of their approved flyers, and District personnel coordinating their distribution to the schools, the flyers will instead be posted to this designated place on our website. A small number of paper copies will be made available in the District's Administration Center for those families without Internet access. Links to these flyers will be included in your districts weekly e-newsletters.