Dear District 30 Family,
We hope that this email finds you all continuing to do well!
We continue to put all of our efforts into preparing for this school year. I am so thankful for our District 30 Family! I also continue to appreciate our continued collaborative efforts across our Township. Please read the latest update from our Glenview/Northbrook COVID-19 Task Force.
As we have said, this year will not be typical. It will take time to figure out our innovative models of education for all of our students, but our goal will remain to effectively continue learning for all of our students. After all of the work that has gone into preparing, we look forward to beginning school with our in-school and full-remote students!
- Our District Office Team has also created a D30 School Start-Up 2020-21video with important reminders for all of our families. Please be sure to watch it in preparation for the start of the year. It includes:
- Our drivers
- Beginning of School Attendance
- Instructional Schedules
- Technology Resources for Learning
- Health Reminders
- The District 30 Family Commitment
- Each of our principals has made a video for our students to help them prepare for the start of school. Please find time over the weekend to watch your school’s welcome video with your student(s):
- Our school start-up schedule is as follows:
- Thursday, August 20, 2020:
- First day for in-person grades 1-3
- B-Day first day of school (no-school for A-Day students)
- Full-remote families follow our iPads & Materials pick-up schedule
- Friday, August 21, 2020:
- A-Day first day of school (no-school for B-Day students)
- First day of school for Kindergarten students
- First day of school for full-remote students
- Monday, August 24, 2020:
- First full day for in-person Hybrid Instruction for grades 4-8
- Thursday, August 20, 2020:
- Parents of in-person students:
- Must self-certify each child every day (even Hybrid students when at home) via the web link that will be emailed to you each morning.
- Please follow our Student Medication Drop-Off Directions for Wescott, Willowbrook, and Maple.
- Please note that we ask that all individuals (parents, siblings, etc.) wear masks on school grounds during drop off and pick up when walking and encourage masks for individuals in cars.
- We also request that all students and families follow the expectations for remote learners that have been added to our District Handbook that prohibits screenshots, photos, audio/video recordings, and distribution of any virtual educational experiences by unauthorized individuals.
- Please continue to review our Phased Operation Resources & our Parent Phased Operations FAQs that will continue to be updated throughout the year.
- As a reminder, we are planning to test our Emergency Notification System on Saturday, August 29, 2020. As part of this test, you should receive an email, phone call, and text message to the contact numbers and email addresses that you have registered with the district.
As we proceed through this year, coexisting with COVID-19, we all share the responsibility to respect and uphold our mitigation efforts (masks, physical distancing, and staying home when we have symptoms). The success of our educational efforts will rely on all of us remaining diligent with open and honest communication. We need to confront the realities we face and respond appropriately as we do everything we can to mitigate risks.
Grace, Character, Civility, & Agility
Together, we will face challenges in the year ahead of us. We will learn and grow together as we provide education that looks different but exhibits the same care and commitment that defines us. These new educational models will take time for all of us to settle into. In this unusual time, we will be at our best when we continue to stand together. What an opportunity we have to teach our children how to handle adversity by displaying grace, positive character, and civility. Through this time, we all need each other.
We must remain flexible as we partner to make this year all that it can be, knowing that plans may change at any time. We are all in this together, and we will all get through this together.
Dr. Brian K. Wegley