July 31, 2020
Dear District 30 Family,
The Northbrook Park District has created a new program to assist families with hybrid learning schedules in local school districts called Community TIES (Together in Educational Support). While developing this program, they also made the determination to consider eligible full-time teachers, who have children with hybrid schedules, as Northbrook Park District residents.
The Park District has limited indoor space for this program, so it will initially be offered as a lottery, so the program can be thoughtfully expanded and evaluated. Families that are not Northbrook Park District residents or full-time teachers, will be considered in a second round lottery drawing, if needed and space allows.
Here is the information for the new Park District program Community TIES - Together In Educational Support:
As District 30 finalizes plans for in-person learning, please review the attached information and register for the Community TIES lottery before Friday, August 7, 2020. Families will be notified of enrollment status no later than August 12.
Priority registration for this program will be in the following order:
- Northbrook Park District residents and full-time teachers at Districts 27, 28, 30, and 31.
- Non-resident families who attend Northbrook schools.
All participants wishing to enroll in Community TIES will be required to complete their registration online.
- Visit the Community TIES page and watch the registration tutorial here. Additional information including program logistics is provided on this page.
- Register at on-line by clicking here.
- Choose the days your child will attend Community TIES based on their virtual learning schedule.
- You are responsible for choosing an accurate schedule for your child. A child who is not registered on any given day will not be admitted to the program that day.
- When you register, you will be required to pay your first month of registered tuition. Your lottery entry will not be complete unless payment is made.
- If your registration is confirmed after the lottery (no later than August 12), automatic payments will be withdrawn based on the monthly payment plan printed on your receipt.
Questions can be directed to Nancy Eschker, Recreation Supervisor for the Northbrook Park District, at (847) 291-2995 or email@example.com.
In addition, this week Dr. Chris Brown at Wescott School, and Dr. Scott Carlson at Willowbrook School, were notified that registration is underway for the Adventure Campus before and aftercare program, which is held at each of the schools. Staff will be working with each principal to monitor registration numbers and space allocations.
“We appreciate the Northbrook Park District’s ongoing and excellent support of our teachers and the community, and look forward to working together to keep our students engaged in learning and everyone safe during these unprecedented times,” said Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Brian K. Wegley.